Saturday 11 September 2010

Bi-Polar Tourists and me..............




And here I was all optimistic that September was gonna be a good month......
Lo and behold 2 days ago, arrives the craziest mofo tourist I have ever met in my entire life. Lets call her BP as in Bipolar.
She arrived panicky and proceeded to screech her sob story about a crazy travelling mate who she dumped in Athens and had now followed her to Santorini. BP had informed crazy lady 2 they WOULD NOT be meeting here and that she had changed the reservation to a single room. We all still on track here???

So, she arrives, meanwhile CL2 (crazy lady 2) had called here requesting pick up. What ensued was an hour long procedure that Black Ops would have been proud of. I managed to get rid of CL2 and get BP here solo without any drama, or so I thought.

I next spent 2 hours appeasing BP and telling her she was safe. She finally calmed down and went to her room. Phew, thought I, she'll go to sleep and all will be OK......AHA! How naive was I???

Sure enough at 7:45am my cell phone rang. I picked it up sleepily and on the other end came the high pitched screech of BP. She raged about how the staff here were treating her badly, she was afraid of her life that she would be murdered by CL2 somewhere on Santorini etc etc. This phone call went on for 30 minutes and induced a very bad tension headache.......

By the time I got to work at 3, she had calmed down. At first, I thought it was cause she had taken a Valium or Prozac or something but no.
What had caught BP's attention? The arrival of a gentleman with a couple. Its been a day and half since she stuck her claws into this poor unwitting soul and I haven't heard a peep from her.....

And THANK GOD she leaves tomorrow!!!! But, of course, the best part of the story? I overheard her talking about me because noise travels here. This shows how delusional this woman is. A) Oh yeah "atlantis_y2k"s a sweet girl but I think she's got the hots for you. B) I wouldn't get involved with her because she works here and it could cause alot of problems, plus she's greek, we all know how crazy they are!"

Ok, sweetheart, first of all, the guy is old enough to be my father and secondly, I have a hot ass boyfriend who wouldn't touch your crazy ass with a ten foot pole! Yes, dear readers, this woman I have to deal with on a daily basis.......


In other news, Deutschbro was here and hooked up with a celtic maid, according to him, its love....time will tell.

the Brits had a BBQ that I unfortunately missed due to BP and sleeping on my couch with the cat on my lap.

Mother arrives tomorrow for 10 days and is renting a car....WATCH OUT SANTORINI! SHES MOBILE!

21st September sees the arrival of one of our favourite New York couples......see you at the bar for some tequila koukla!

And finally today is a day of remembrance so I feel it only apt to add a quote from one of my favourite authors, Khalil Gibran.


"I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit."

For all those who were lost on this tragic day 9 years ago, you shall not be forgotten, but rather remembered with the love and respect that you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment