Thursday 20 May 2010

Sun is shining.......Weather is sweet.

My my, how i do like the weather to go back to how its supposed to be! That wind last week was making me look like a banshee. (note to self, when there is a gale force wind, tie your hair back) Also, it would help if i had some personal time to enjoy the good weather but unfortunately my amazing interpersonal skills are required at work for at least 8 hours of my waking life.
So, walking to work today on the main road, which is basically like playing chicken with traffic, I realised something. I know there are no sidewalks here, what i dont get is how cars and buses beep at you when you are as far inside on the road as you can physically be. Not to mention, all the scooters and 4 wheelers for rent taking up half the street so you are forced to walk into the line of traffic. Come on guys, what do you expect me to do? Play hopscotch on your rental motos???? I have now employed my own modus operandi in terms of walking to work. I put in my headphones and listen to my music so i dont hear all the greeks beeping and swearing at me for being in their way.
Sorry dude but if God intended us to have cars he would have given us wheels for legs....Just an opinion. And what the hell do you need an SUV for in Santorini???? Its a teensy island you can drive around in under an hour, i cant really see you using your 4 wheel drive all that much.
Has anyone noticed the proliferation of Asians on the rock? And there total lack of decorum? A friend of mine told me that he is about to lose it, they come into his shop and let wind, as in FART, without any shame or attempt to hide it. That may be acceptable in Seoul, or Tokyo or whatever, but it ain't here, so do it at home in your expensive hotel and not in our shops or we will be forced to invest in Gas Masks, your flatulence is WMD, poisonous and life threatening. Its a wonder Dubya didn't invade your country for terrorism!

OK, so now its time for gossip......
An eastern europian friend and one of the 'locals' has arrived back after a long couple of weeks away from home! Kalos Ertheis!!!!
Our very own Joseph Stalin lookalike celebrates his birthday today, xponia polla and go easy on the alcohol, you ain't 20 anymore!
The Kiwi is waiting for her plumbing to be fixed so she can move into her spiti.......
And thats it for this beautiful Thursday afternoon!!!
Take care......

No comments:

Post a Comment