Tuesday 31 August 2010

August - A Review!

Its the last day of August, finally!!!!

So I figured I should write a review of this, the most hated of months.

It started out like it always do with the mass descent of Greeks and Italians onto our little island, clogging up our small streets and spending as little as possible on their vacation.

It ended or rather, is ending with me ready to knock Topchef's head off, gladiator stylee and take my own vacation. Well, I will be taking a vacation in October so there's another 45 days or so till then......Just for clarification, I have not beheaded Topchef just yet, but boy is he asking for a kickin'!

I went for breakfast the other day with Ms. UK and the food was awesome (like always) but the service by the male co-owner was atrocious. Ok dude, i get it, you have been here for August too but to bark at us when we are ordering food just ain't right! Im sorry I came to eat at your restaurant, you made it painfully obvious that you were pissed I had the gall to think of putting money in your cash register....Sheesh, Ill never make that mistake again! (lie, I went there yesterday again but he wasn't there thankfully)

Now, it seems the weather is starting to calm down a little bit....Unfortunately it also means that humidity is risen to around 75% and my lovely Greek genetics have kicked in so my hair resembles a haystack and I sweat profusely....Pretty sure I scared a little kid the other day when I was stomping up the hill on my way home! Sorry kid, can't help it.

Two nights ago was the Ifestia Festival, while I am usually not impressed by the fireworks Dimos Thiras usually puts on, this year I was really pleasantly surprised.
They went on for almost 30 minutes on the volcano and then there was an extra 20 minutes of fireworks around Fira so BRAVO, you finally managed to put on a good show.....But thats got NOTHING to do with local elections coming up in October, right Mr. Mayor? ;-P

At brunch yesterday, I asked the girls what the gossip was that I have been missing.....first I was told there was none and then 2 very good stories were told which made me think. Hey guys if this ain't gossip then what is???

First, at the Bar the other night was a mother and daughter from the USA, the mother promptly got so drunk she passed out sitting up across from the Bar and then proceeded to throw up all over herself. This wasn't no spring chicken either, she was in her 50's......anyway, some of the guys tried to help but she was a hefty one and they couldn't lift her. So, what was the solution?? The daughter, also drunk, walked to their hotel and brought back a pillow so mommy dearest could take a nap on the street......Now that's just AWESOME!

And then the following day, they came back looking for mommy's white gold and diamond wedding band which was mysteriously lost the previous night. the ring has not been found and now mommy's gotta go back home and explain to daddy where her expensive wedding ring has gone. thank god Im not in her shoes.

Second bit of gossip, Italian pyscho bitch was in the bar the other night, being every inch the crazy ass we all know her to be. this time however, nobody got a black eye. She did however manage to upset the Kiwi enough that she wanted to kill her and thats some strong language for her......

This just in, Kiwi came home last night or rather this morning and just as she was about to go to sleep, some idiots sat at her table on her balcony and proceeded to have a long and loud conversation. A swift bang on the wall made them run off but I find that just plain rude! They're lucky I didn't hear them cause I had so much nevra last night I could have killed someone.

You may ask, why so much nevra???? Ok, its not because of August...its because I went for a big family dinner yesterday, my little bro was celebrating his name day and my phone died of battery.....

What turned me into a crazy angry screaming lunatic was the phone call from Topchef (he called my brothers cell) who proceeded to tell me I upset him because he thought I had turned off the phone on purpose so I could sneak out and get hammered with my friends.

Sorry sweetheart, but if I am going to go out and get wasted I would tell you first....anyway, this isn't the first time, such craziness and jealousy has reared his ugly head so to be honest, I lost the plot.
I got home in such a temper because he had upset me and I couldn't enjoy the night with my family that we of course got into a screaming match which resulted in me basically breaking up with him and drinking a bottle of wine to myself. I then collapsed into bed and actually had a lovely nights sleep.

There's alot to be said for unloading your tension, my shoulder has stopped hurting me now! that being said, right now, Im not sure what the situation is. Im not sure if im single or if I just started a Cold War. You know what I mean, you have a massive fight with your other half and then for like a week or so afterwards you don't have another screaming match, you just barely speak and don't want to look at the other person. Thats what a relationship Cold War is. It ends when one person admits they were wrong and/or apologizes.......
Well, I can see this Cold War lasting like the actual one, cause guess what I WASNT WRONG!!! Ok I got a little out of hand with my comments, but the reason I was angry was justifiable or so i think.......



Anyways, tomorrow September starts, with lovely friendly tourists and hopefully a nice atmosphere. So I have made a plan, Im going to shake off the hell that was August and look forward to September with all the excitement I can muster.

So my dear readers, welcome to September, the madness of August is behind us. We can now walk through the streets of Fira without being blindsighted by a tourist (unless its cruise ship day) and enjoy the beauty of our little island...

KALO MINA! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment