Thursday 19 August 2010

Heat, nevra and me............

There seems to be no break in this relentless heat we are having lately.

TopChef brought home an alarm clock the other night which also tells the temperature. How great you may say! Yeah, did i mention it's a 'Hello Kitty' cube clock that changes into 4 different pastel shades and the 'alarm' is a meow followed by a ringtone???????

To say I am seriously questioning the man's sanity, let alone his other preferences are an understatement. He says its cute and he thought i would like it. Obviously after a year of living together, he hasn't noticed my complete and total aversion to cats in any shape or form, living, in photo's and especially on cube alarm clocks a 35 year old man brings home!!!!!!!!!!!

I woke up this morning stuck to my bedsheets thanks to the heat. And thats with a dehumidifier and a fan going 24/7. So, I woke up feeling icky and annoyed and henceforth my entire day seemed to go on like that.

As I precariously walked down the road towards Fira some MENSA candidate on a scooter whacked into my side. My phone went flying through the air and made a resounding crash. Not to mention the friction burn from the wheel on my leg. I lost it. I mean I totally and completely lost the head. I turned around with what can only be considered a devil stare and was so angry I couldn't speak.

To add insult to injury, the girl who was driving the death trap said i should have been looking where I was going....Sorry darlin' but God didn't give me eyes in the back of my head, nor did he warn me that a moron like you would be on the road today.

I found my voice after getting over the shock and started screaming at her. Then of course i was totally being unreasonable and told her I wanted her name cause i was going to the police station to report her......she got scared then, also because she suddenly realised I wasnt a tourist and apologized profusely.
My response?? I acted like a sullen moody child stuck my chin in the air, made a snorting sound and stamped down towards the square mumbling obscenities under my breath.

I get to work, and am trying to think positive thoughts, balance my Chi or whatever its called when i get a phone call to inform me that I have to stay an extra 2 hours at work to await a late arrival.
Just to be clear, in normal circumstances I wouldn't mind. I rarely leave work once my shift is over, usually hang over to check over certain things but I had made plans this particular night.

I forgot to mention, i had already informed work that I had made plans, which was of no need cause i should have been off the clock but turns out anyway, I ended up missing the cocktails and went straight for beer and Jack Daniels.......(more on that later)

So i threw a total hissy fit in my office. I was completely alone by the way....weeped a little bit at the unfairness of it all and generally acted like a brat.

And then something happened........

I was online reading newspapers when a story popped up about the fires in Moscow and i thought to myself. WOW, how selfish are you? Living in an amazing place, looking at this view every day and having the friends you have.........

and then i realised its AUGUST and i am totally right to be a complete bitch for this entire month ;-P

Anyway, after 2 hours overtime i ended up at The Bar where i was dutifully handed a cold Corona and a shot of JD. The night progressively got more and more messy as more shots were laid on and beer was flowing like nectar from the Gods.

One of the group hooked up with some Italian and another cut and run before the final round of shots. I however, stayed until the sun was just coming up and collapsed into my bed at around 6am.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Atlantis!!! I love the way you tell your everyday stories that in August at least they seem like a tragedy but still your make it funny! I will love to have tourist going at it in the back yard of my house! I will throw my cat at them! :) I was in Santorini the first week of July, I stayed in Oia, and it was perfect, I thought the crowd was OK, not too much no too little, and people were really friendly! Thanks for your blog! it keeps me wondering about Santorini and I defenetly going back next year!! Be nice to the italians ok? :) Aug 19th was my birthday by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, can you take a pic of Topchef and his Hello Kitty alarm clock?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will post a pic of the alarm clock, not sure if topchef will go for me putting him up.....considering its to ridicule him.....Glad you are enjoying the blog, Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sweetie! by the way I read the other day you don't like cats in any form! I love cats I hope that's not gonna interfere in our blog friendship! I just read about little misunderstanding with Topchef,sorry to hear that, but is a small thing so... choices are: if you love him most of the time, end the cold war before it starts... is not worth it, and 2nd choice: if he's getting on your nerves lately, then take a week off of him, and things should be back on normal ( whatever that is ) ;) Glad to hear September is back and you enjoy that! Happy September to all! by the way, what is the name of a clear shot drink I had in Santorini, they told me is a greek drink, not OUZO! Ouzo makes me want to vomit even by smelling it, but this one was very tasty, with a sweet flavor to it, soft with yet some strong character! JAJAJAJAJA the typical wine tasting comment! Cheers Atlantis!

    ReplyDelete